Train on...

Or get out of the way of the revolution!

Tuesday 19 August 2008

Pike Press Thoughts.

So I worked more on the Pike press last night. It was interesting because as my flexibility increases the Pike Press becomes easier. I am able to place the back of my hands on the floor now while maintaining perfectly straight legs. This is nice because I don’t need so much of a rocking motion to get the hip into the correct position (and without the hips being in the correct position this more is almost impossible). As my core strength and flexibility increase this more becomes smoother, more fluid and looks so much better.
Oh, and its essential to point the toes, and this help maintain straight legs. Not only does this look better, but it’s more consistent hence easier to control.

6 comments:

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

Great post! I still have a hard time with the Pike Press, but I have been trying the suspended pikes and ball spikes that you mentioned in an earlier post. By back of your hands, do you mean the back of the palm, or the top of your hand?
Great Post. Thanks
Keep them coming!

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

dan a general question: are my blogs too long? Do they break some sort of Net-i-quit? I am new to this blogging world...
Thanks.

gilesdm said...

No way man, your posts are fucking excellent! I actually really look forward to reading them... to the point where I actually don’t read them right away, but save it for a treat! :)

With regards to stretching, i mean the backs of the hands...

D.

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

cool. thanks for the support
back of your hands - that is amazing - post a vid!

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

ps: the feeling is mutual regarding reading posts. Such a shame that we did not hang our more while I was in England and workout together more, but the distance training is cool too.

Unknown said...

It’s nice to have someone to talk with about this type of stuff, someone who's as obsessed with it as I am! :)