Train on...

Or get out of the way of the revolution!

Monday 18 August 2008

Current Workout

Mornings

Monday: 30 min run
Tuesday: 30 min run
Wednesday: 30 mins stretching session
Thursday: 30 min run
Friday: 30 min run

Leg Stretch to start, 15 mins.

A- Skills (2 per workout)
Pike Press
Ball Pike Press
Tuck Press
Hand Stand to Crab (unable to do)
Crab to Handstand. (unable to do)
Head-Stand to Hand-Stand - and reverse
L-Seat to Planche Hand-stand
Hand-Stand Pushup (freestanding)
Straddle to Planche Hand-stand

Pick 2 body parts per workout.

1 -Legs,
Extentions
Curls
Calf Raises

2 -Stomach,
Weighted V sits
Leg Raises
L Seat
L Seat Sides
Hanging Leg Raises

3 -Back
Chin Ups
Wide Grip Pullups
Towel Pullups (weighted 10k)
Seated Rows
Horizontal Pulls
Chin-up Claps

4 -Chest
Planche Pushups
Planche Shoulder Pushups
Wide Ball Pushups
Straddle Planche Hold
Pushup Dynos, (Close to wide hand position)

5 -Shoulders
Barbell Upright Row
Hand-Stand Push-ups
Hand-Stand Push-ups (one handed, aided with the other hand on a step)
Shoulder Rotations
Cable Shoulder Rotations
Lat Raises

Light Upper body stretch to finish.

3 comments:

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

Dan this is amazing and intense. I don't think I train nearly as hard as you. I will post a bit about my training in a new post in the next few days. Today I did my whole workout only using actual weights (dumbbells) to weight my dips. I am sold on body weight exercises. Keep an eye out for my current workout training post modeled after your post.

gilesdm said...

OK, maybe this is where i am going wrong, too much maybe?

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

I did not mean to indicate that you were doing to much. I guess you are feeling bad or something? Are you hitting a wall? If you are, then I would recommend two things: 1) take a break from your regular exercises for a few days (e.g., handstand pushups). You won't get weaker if you continue to train. You might just need to allow your muscles to completely recover. 2) Incorporate some power moves that hit the whole body (e.g., deadlift variations, clean and jerk).

Lastly, get creative and start combining moves. It is really fun, hard and taps your mental creativity on how to put things together and how to maintain the body in ways that allow you to put them together.

That being said, as far as I can see Dan you are amazing - your progress has been absolutely awesome. You continue to inspire me mate! Keep up the good work and cool posts!