Train on...

Or get out of the way of the revolution!

Wednesday 27 August 2008

body/weight.

So, I’ve decided that I need to lose as much weight as possible.
I think that at the moment I am a little too heavy to be hauling my body weight around, and if I was lighter then these skills would be a lot easier.
Look at the body composition of “gymnasts” and anyone that can do some of the more impressive beast skill moves they are all relatively slim, I on the other hand am carrying a little bit too much beef.
So at 14 stone I intend of cutting to about 13 stone, this will hopefully increase my strength (by the fact that I will be lifting less weight) and enable me to be able to pull off some of the more complicated skills.

In theory :)

2 comments:

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

good idea. i have turned into a fat turd since I have hurt my back, but today i am going to get back into trying some 'skills', we shall see.

as for losing weight to do the moves - note that most gymnasts are beasts with respect to muscularity, they are just ripped with a really low body fat percentage. so the trade-off is between losing weight, but not muscle mass.

in theory, however, this sounds like a great plan. Let us know how it works.

Charlotte said...

Indeed. When I was a gymnast, I really could do more tricks when I was lighter. Even now, losing a few pounds allows me to eke out 3 or 4 more pull-ups despite not gaining any extra strength. Just physics, I guess. Good luck!