Train on...

Or get out of the way of the revolution!

Thursday 28 August 2008

Calorific deficiency

So in my quest to drop 6.3 kilos I am attempting to maintain a calorie deficiency of about 900 cals per day.

I have been doing this since Monday and I feel rotten. I am tired all the time, even what I wake up in the morning and my workouts have lacked energy and motivation. It’s so hard to exercise when not motivated and having this massive lack of energy I’m currently experiencing is very disheartening.
I guess once I am down to my target weight I will increase my calories again to maintenance level, and then a few weeks after that increase to a muscle building level (my personal level that works for me) of maybe 3000/3500 a day.

I am hoping that my body is in shock, and hope this tiredness doesn’t continue until I hit 13 stone.

I know people that are constantly dieting, (incorrectly I suppose if they are constantly doing it) but I really don’t know how they managed to live with this feeling… I imagine constantly dieting, and then putting the weight back on must play havoc with any training routine.

1 comment:

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

dan, you cannot go on 900 calories a day!
you workout too hard. don't be silly.
Drop your caloric intake by about 50-150 calories max. it WILL take longer to lose the weight, but you will not lose strength, nor feel the fatigue.

plus lowering the caloric intake to that degree may impact your workouts mentally, which could result in you injuring yourself.
oh, one more suggestion - if I may LOL - make sure in your quest for weight loss you are getting enough protein to feed your muscles