Train on...

Or get out of the way of the revolution!

Thursday 21 August 2008

Crane Pose/Planche




Ste pointed me in the direction of the Crane Pose. This is actually something that I started doing about 2 days ago (I love the way we both discovered it around the same time:)

As in the above picture but my knee are on the inside of my arms rather than the outside. This is a precursor to the Planche and something one attemps to build the required strengh to hold the Planche. (see image 2, Jim from www.beastskills.com)
I must admit that I have a terrible time trying to hold this position, and found that my arms and shoulders were sore the next day. I managed to get the correct position once, and hold it for about 3 seconds, but didn't have the energy a second time.

4 comments:

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

dan, and from crane posture it can get pretty tricky see this link

I also think it's cool that we are working on similar things. It helps me know where I am at in terms of training. although until my back gets a little better Austen is still forbidding me to hit the gym

Charlotte said...

W.O.W. And here I was all proud of myself for being able to hold crane pose. Planche... wow. That's amazing. Have you ever tried flying crane or figure eight crane? Don't know that it would help your gymnastic training but it sure is an impressive party trick;)

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

charlotte, agreed those other yoga postures, as well as many others are handy party tricks... LOL

Anonymous said...

I've just entered the Crane Pose Challenge at http://www.konkura.com/challenge/?uid=d027d660-d700-4e32-8e4d-c320d65b1a7a&t=The+Crane+Pose+Challenge ? Can anyone do over 2 minutes?