Train on...

Or get out of the way of the revolution!

Monday 21 July 2008

Hand-Stand Clap Challenge!


I had a break through with regards to the tuck press on Friday. I realised that my head positioning has to be correct before I start, if the alignment if off then the tuck press is so much more difficult. In the diagram, see the position on the head alignment in comparison to the hand position. It’s important, for me, to have my head positioned over the Hand-line in order to counter balance the weight of my legs as they rise into the correct position. The top diagram is the correct head position, and the bottom diagram the head is too far below the Hand-line, thus making it harder to raise the legs into the correct position and keep the balance.

After a week off running, I start again this morning with an easy 5k.

I am going to increase the amount of flexibility training I am doing, as I feel that this will greatly aid me in my quest for the Pike Press. Also, a friend has challenged me to be able to do a hand-stand clap in 6 months. A tall order but something I am going to attempt.

No comments: