Train on...

Or get out of the way of the revolution!

Tuesday 30 September 2008

Fractured Clavicle?

So, I finally got around to seeing the doctor about my shoulder. After I hurt myself about 2 months ago a lump appeared a few days later and is still present. The pain persisted until I went to the doctor about 3 days ago.



The doctor was a little unsure about what the problem might be but seemed to think that I fractured my clavicle and didn’t get it sorted out.

I don’t think there is a lot they can do for a fractured clavicle but rest it, but I carried on training like an idiot.

To be honest I’m not completely convinced that I fractured it as people I have spoken to who have fractured theirs have said they were unable to move their shoulder afterwards. But, on the other hand I fractured my wrist when I was a kid and didn’t realise for two days.


Anyhow, the doctor has put me on something called Diclofenac, and anti inflammatory drug that so far is working wonders with my shoulder.

3 comments:

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

Oy mate!
I hope it heals fast! INjuries suck. My back still not 100% - it sucks and I should see Doctor, but just dont have time.

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

dan, how's the shoulder? Has it stopped you from training?

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

Giles - you still alive? how's your shoulder?