Train on...

Or get out of the way of the revolution!

Wednesday 17 September 2008

I Heart DOMs




So, I started back doing 6 sets of every exercise last night and I am very sore today. My muscles really hurt (in a good way) and I felt I had a proper work out. I suppose I’m essentially doubling the amount of work I’m doing but I am shortening my rest time so the actually time it takes in the gym is about the same.

I never really feel that a workout of 3 sets is any good, as I always seem to get tired out at the end of a set (unable to do anymore) but with a brief rest (10/30seconds) I’m ready to go again. I know a lot of people thing 3 sets is plenty, and 6 is too many but this just seems to suit me well.

When doing 6 sets my muscles actually feel fatigued at the end of the 6 sets, unlike when doing 3 sets.

2 comments:

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

dan,
6 sets! Holy shite mate! I do between 3-5 sets for every exercise. I thin increases in sets makes sense, but I get a great, soreness inducing workout with 3 sets as long as I use the right weight and/or number of reps.
Are you back to doing proper weights?
Dumbbells and barbells?

gilesdm said...

Yo, I never stopped doing the normal weights... Just included the beastskills and cut down on 'normal' weights... :)

Hows your training going? I'm planning on having a good read of your blog today, and catching up on what i've missed...