Train on...

Or get out of the way of the revolution!

Tuesday 18 November 2008

Problems in the gym

So, I’ve been having a few problems in the gym. Basically, the PTs in the gym keep asking me to leave the sports hall because they have private clients that are too shy to train in front of someone else! WTF....

This is a decent sized sports hall that can accommodate about 7/10 people all doing there own thing... So what’s the fucking problem? It's actually really driving me crazy as my bodyweight training is suffering massively as I don’t have anywhere to train.

Anyway, I am thinking about quitting the gym and finding another location.

4 comments:

hunashaman said...

Sorry to be frank but screw the gym mate. Most gyms are all about show and the so-called personal trainers will NEVER understand what real and functional training is all about. Maybe you should train in the park. At least the people there will be curious (rather than nervous) about what you are doing.

gilesdm said...

Words of wisedom from the shaman.

you're right, I am stressing out for no reason!

Cheers mate.

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

danny giles - you're back!!!
alive!!!!
and agree with the shaman - train elsewhere, or train upstairs. my sports hall is actually a basketball court, so on occasion, several in fact, people are playing ball in there, and it forces me to go elsewhere - I just train in the normal gym area - I get strange looks, but the other day a few meatheads were looking at me strange and one of them came up and inquired about the rope trainer and planche - so I answered honestly and encouraged them to try it - they could not even do 1 rep of dips on the ropes and did not even try the planche, rather walked off with his tail between his legs to his friends that were laughing their asses off at him about falling off my ropes. they went straight back into bench and have never given me another strange look again. I think when push come to shove, I could whip their asses and they know it.

anyhow, if I were you - knowing its fucking cold over there - train upstairs or complain that you pay your money and deserve to use that space as well to train - else they should discount your fees

threaten to leave and they might change their mind... and let you train.

Unknown said...

Or just punch em in the face?